Monday, September 27, 2010

An issue...

One things that broke my heart lately:

A friend told me that Im too Judgmental. Specifically towards my father.
ugh. I love him a lot but we don't see eye to eye on things that really get to me.

- The way he speaks to us (other family members) at times in my view is really negative. (too much demanding rather then )
- The way he does cretin things. Kinda sporadic. Especially when it comes to finances.
- He's got that "we need...we need...we need" broken record thing going on. It's beyond, we need groceries or stuff like that. it's project after project after project. We have our own personal junk yard in the backyard. haha you know.

If i shouldn't of gone into detail I'm sorry, just being real.

So i know it could be worse. I'm thankful for my farther. He is so dear to me. I'm thankful that he is a man of God. And for every good thing he's done.

Just all these things become the straw that breaks the camel's back when you add it up with all the other stuff I deal with.

So when he pushes it and does things like those listed I tend to get real frustrated.

Now this is a issue because it's something that is hard for me to let go. It's the kind of thing where my blood starts to boil and my body tenses up. but then I do the stuffing it inside thing and try to forget about it.


But that's not working. There's not enough room in me for all this.

I don't think I'll explode at my dad but I may explode at others. And become a walking mess. like by being depressed and feeling angry all the time.

That's NOT what I want.


The bible talks about how we shouldn't let the sun go down on our anger. I need to be free.





I found this off yahoo answers:

"Regaining control. In a lot of cases, I've noticed that most of my frustration comes from feeling like I don't have control of the situation. Someone's "wronged" me. Or I can't obtain what I need to overcome whatever challenge I'm facing. But my frustration usually vanishes the second I figure out how to regain even a little control of the situation. This may be as simple as accepting the situation as it is (i.e., cutting my losses). Or it may mean collaborating with someone else who can provide what I need. Either way,

focusing on what I CAN control, and letting go of what I CAN'T control usually helps lessen the frustration."

Add prayer to that and I think i found my remedy.

Now to actually put it into play, that's the really hard part....

No comments:

Post a Comment